Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) enables system administrators, architects, and developers to acquire the skills they need to administer Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform. Through numerous hands-on exercises, the student will create, configure, manage, and troubleshoot OpenShift clusters. Students will also deploy sample applications to further understand development use cases. This creates an environment that supports DevOps principles such as reduced time to market and continuous delivery. This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift Container Platform provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
The duration of training
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Complete the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) course or have equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics.
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Review features and architecture of OpenShift Container Platform.
- Install OpenShift Container Platform
Install OpenShift Container Platform and configure a master and node.
- Explore networking concepts
Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
- Execute commands
Execute commands using the command-line interface.
- OpenShift Container Platform resources
Control access to OpenShift Container Platform resources.
- Persistent storage
Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
- Manage application deployments
Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
- Metrics subsystem
Install and configure the metrics- gathering system.
- Manage and monitor
Manage and monitor OpenShift Container Platform resources and software.
- Comprehensive review
Install, configure, and deploy an application on a cluster.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact us.