Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss EAP.
After completing this course, you should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam.
The duration of training
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
Note: No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required.
- Overview of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP)
Learn the concepts and terminology of JBoss EAP 7.
Install and run a JBoss EAP instance.
Understand extensions, profiles, and subsystems.
- Configure JBoss EAP in standalone mode
Run and configure JBoss EAP in standalone mode.
Configure interfaces and socket binding groups.
- Script configure and deploy applications
Configure JBoss EAP with command line interface.
Deploying applications in standalone mode.
- Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform as a managed domain
Run JBoss EAP as a managed domain.
Assign a domain controller.
Configure a host controller and domain controller.
- Configure servers in a managed domain
Manage domain server architecture.
Configure servers and server groups.
- Configure datasources
Explore the datasource subsystem and configure JDBC drivers, datasources, and an XA datasource.
- Configure the logging subsystem
Configure loggers and logging handlers.
- Configure the messaging subsystem
Explore the messaging subsystem.
Configure messaging resources, journals, and other settings.
- Secure JBoss EAP
Configure a database security realm, an LDAP security realm, and password vault.
Secure a JMS Destination.
- Configure the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
Configure the JVM in standalone mode and in a managed domain.
- Configure the web subsystem
Explore and configure the features of the web subsystem.
- Deploy clustered applications
Explore clustered applications.
Configure subsystems that support clustered applications and configure load balancing.
Deploy HA Singleton applications.
- Configure the batch subsystem
Explore and configure batch jobs and batch subsystem.
- Discover new features in JBoss EAP 7
Explore the new features in JBoss EAP 7.
Migrate JBoss EAP 6 applications to JBoss EAP 7.
- Comprehensive Review of Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I
Review the tasks in Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam (EX248)